The Office Administrator/Receptionist position provides administrative and facility support for the real estate office to ensure effective and efficient daily office operations. This position will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. They will be responsible for fielding incoming phone calls, directing phone calls to appropriate parties, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties. This position assists with special projects as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform office operations of the branch office and company, which include responsibility for the following areas: maintaining professional office appearance; distributing and processing mail; ordering office supplies and forms; record keeping, answers Answer telephones and direct the caller to the appropriate party, greet visitors, schedules appointments and assist with client communications. (70%)
- Provide support to Office Administrator, Marketing Director and Sales Manager and act as liaison for sales associates with management staff. May provide initial and on-going training to staff members. Provide backup support for other staff positions as needed. (15%)
- Prepare reports, handle correspondence, maintain and edit mailing list, route/distribute mail, assist in preparing template marketing and posting company directed Social Media information. (10%)
- Maintain a clean facility. Perform routine cleaning and sanitary functions throughout the workplace. (5-10%)
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (0-5%)
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy, quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationship within the office and the Company.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities; enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
- Safeguard sensitive and confidential Company Information.
- Attend work on a regular basis and support the Company’s employee policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of related experience; real estate experience preferred.
- Strong personal computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Publisher and Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, a customer-service focus, and the ability to work as a member of a team-oriented environment.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to occasionally work extra hours during peak times of the month.
- Must possess strong organizational skills; accuracy/quality; takes initiative.